Friday, February 26, 2010

Yet Another Happy Wednesday =) (05/06/09)

Sup Guys,
So, finished reading Leviticus and think i finally managed to find evidence of a loving God amongst all the rules and regulations! The purpose of the laws for us in retrospect, is to make us aware of our own sins and need for a saviour, but served other purposes for the Israelites. It marked them separate from the pagan nations that surrounds them, it's often meant protect their health, and it tested their commitment to God. Also, I've become more aware reading Lev this time round of how concerned God was with keeping his people holy (the word "holy" is mentioned more times in Leviticus than in ANY other books of the bible, 152 times - and no, i didn't do the counting). Notice that it's really not what we can do or refrain from doing that makes us holy, but only through God's mercy. This is a hard lesson for me to learn as I struggled the past couple weeks to regain/force myself back to the closeness with God I thought I'd lost, when really all i needed to do was be still.
"Consider them holy, because I the Lord am holy, I who make you holy." Lev 21:8
Edward
Now, to continue with the story from last week, here's more cat and bunny romance - first date ^.^
And if your name is Don Le, don't click that link above, click this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aj55sgudlc

No comments:

Post a Comment