Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Wednesday! (08/05/09)

sup guys,

a word of thanks followed by a confession on my part. It's been a long while since i started this happy wednesday email thing as a way of encouraging ppl in the middle of the week and it's been wonderful getting so many positive responses and feedback. you've all been such awesome encouragement to me as i, ironically, tried to encourage you - many, many thx. with all the praise/appreciation though, i must confess that this email thing has become a source of pride for me. i first noticed earlier this week as i poured through psalms looking for something insightful, something deep, something smart to say that would...let's face it...impress you all. i am so sorry. if i am to continue this weekly email, i promise you that i will do my best to do so by God's grace from now on.

For this week, i ended up praying about it and felt like God led me to psalm 23, that this is what many ppl on this email list need right now. i leave you all with this simple encouragement to read it in its entirety, to meditate on the truths that are expressed in this psalm, and to pray/search for the peace of God that surpasses all understanding. so without any further words from me, i give you the Word of God:

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." - Psalm 23

happy wednesday,

edward

P.S. this sounds so dumb but pls dont feel like y'all need to stop the encouragement/responses, i do enjoy reading/responding to them and i swear i'll look upon them w/ humility from now on.. >.

Im guessing everyone's sick of hamster videos by now so here's something different =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTwu9PGf4w

"..surely...?" (i love how she keeps looking forward to that part!)

No comments:

Post a Comment