Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Wednesday (wat i look forward to) (08/26/09)

sup guys,

this past week, received another no-brainer bit of insight but one that hit me like a rock with its simplicity and truth. it's kinda hard to put into words but i'll do my best not to confuse everyone..

I noticed that I have a tendency to look forward to things; and once I've done or accomplished this thing, instead of feeling fulfilled, i look forward to something else. In and of itself, i dont think there is anything wrong with anticipating w/ excitement a camping trip, or a marathon race, or a wedding, or simply the weekend. I think the problem for me is that I do not get excited enough about God stuff. By this i dont mean church events or sunday service, etc i get excited about those too...but i rarely think about how each event fits into the glorious purpose of magnifying Christ and as a result, fail to give him due praise for EVERYTHING that happens. I think we have lost that sense of excitement, that pure joy of looking forward to meeting christ in our day-to-day living.

I guess to put it in simple words, we're not designed to find satisfaction in anything besides Christ. I want to encourage y'all to look forward to God more in our lives instead of only looking forward to temporary things that wont last. We do this by serving him, thinking of him, and knowing him through prayer and scripture.

For me, what this would mean is instead of looking forward to a reconsiled family, to look forward to God's kingdom coming down upon my family. Instead of merely looking forward to church this sunday, be excited about all the lives that would be touched through sermon and ministry. Instead of looking forward to a backpacking trip where i get to be alone, look forward to finding God in the wilderness. Life is never meant to be "blah," it is meant to be glorious for the simple reason that God is in it.

Happy wednesday and have an awesome week!

edward

"Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:13-14

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." - Psalm 51:12

Hoops and YoYo =D (sarcastic wed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BakNIOfI6P0

No comments:

Post a Comment