Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Wednesday (06/03/09)

Hey guys,
so im in samuel now and at the story of how it took God four tries before samuel recognized him (1 sam 3). he's so slow! kinda reminds me of me... lol guess my encouraging thought for the day is to actively look/listen for God so that you dont keep Him waiting. I feel like there're so many ppl who are currently wondering where God is in their lives right now. perhaps what you thought is the biggest problem in your life isn't what God's concerned with right now? Perhaps He's already responded to your prayers, perhaps He's simply waiting for the right time, or perhaps He's been calling you and you didn't hear him. Hold onto hope and remember that this is the God who died for you; if this is true, how much more would He be willing to bless you in whatever your struggles are. If there is one thing I've picked up so far from OT, it's that He is faithful.
Saturday Hiking @ Big Basin:
some of you might've received an email already about this, but we're planning on doing a hike this saturday at big basin. Meet at the church at 9am, we'll figure out drivers and directions there. The hike we're planning on doing is about 10 miles but it's relatively flat so it's fairly easy (it's a redwood forest so plenty of shade). My guess is that we'll be done by 3 or 4 pm. If it's taking us too long and ppl are tired i can suggest shortcuts along the way to cut down the mileage. Be sure to bring water and sunscreen.
call if me you have questions: 510 557 2915
I need to train harder, jus like this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment