Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Wednesday (Mine) (08/11/2010)

Sup guys,

I dont normally like popup ads but i must admit, the one i saw this morning got a chuckle out of me. It was shot from inside a car looking out of a window covered in soap, as the suds were wiped away, a small boy smiling from ear to ear is revealed as the diligent window washer. The words "Because he knows someday it will be his" was then displayed as the reason for the child's joy in performing what most would consider a chore.

While the ad did a fantastic job of implanting the idea of Ford cars' longevity in my mind, it also served as a great reminder for the joy that should come out of my relationship with God. How little joy I've been feeling lately - devotions, prayer, loving acts of kindness has become onerous chores. While the task of washing his dad's pickup truck requires sacrifice of the child's time, it is assumed that the sacrifices meant nothing to the boy who was confident that someday the car would be his as a reward. I want that kind of expectant mentality! To not see prayer for people as gut wrenching duty but as my sowing into God's kingdom. Paul wrote that the sufferings he's had to endure does not begin to compare with the future glory that will be revealed. I want to fully understand and appreciate the facts that jesus is mine, the kingdom is mine, this circle of influence God has entrusted to me is mine. To approach everything I do with full understanding of my ownership in the kingdom of heaven - and out of that understanding, to serve while smiling ear to ear out of genuine joy and affection for God and man.

Encouragement for the week: when serving, do not give with the mentality of loss and sacrifice, rather see it for what it really is - you sowing sweat and effort into a kingdom and a family that you belong to. Lets be joyful in our pursuit of God in striving to know him and to make him known.

Have a happy wensday!

edward

"Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing." - 2 Timothy 4:8

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit." - Psalm 51:12

"For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience." - Romans 8:24-25

Most ppl have probably seen this but, in keeping with the spirit of advertisement that's been so prominent in this week's email, I must say that I've personally switched from lady scented body wash to old spice after watching this hilarious commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment