Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Thursday (If) (07/01/2010)

sup guys,

I recently asked myself some rather odd and carefully phrased hypothetical questions: What if God is real? what if scriptures are true? What if God is holy and I'm not as clean as I appear to be? What if my sins are an offense to a holy God? What if jesus really existed - more than that, really DIED for my sins? See, it's silly because I know each of those to be true. God is real, scripture is truth, He is holy, my sins do offend Him, and i am spared of God's righteous wrath only because of the mercy of teh cross. Yet I forget so often. In asking myself those questions, I remind myself of what and who I believe in. If God IS real and holy, if I AM sinful and saved solely through God's loving grace - how could I allow myself to purposefully continue in sin? to plan and nurture sinful thoughts. if I truly understand and believed everything about God that scripture says....the life I live is nowhere near what it should be and what God deserves. I do not pursue holiness with enough fervour, I do not love/serve the lives around me with enough zeal, I do not meditate upon God with enough devotion, and evangelism is not nearly high enough of a priority.

Now i can imagine some well meaning friends say to me at this point that i am simply pushing myself too hard. But there shouldn't be anything that we're unwilling to do for our lord who bled for us. IF this wonderful gospel rings true, AND IT DOES, we have such great reasons to serve Him joyfully. encouragement for the week, remind yourself who this God is and what He's done for you (i forget to do this much too often). I can think of no great motivation for evangelism, progressive sanctification, and growth than thoughts of Him.

have a happy thursday!

edward

"The moment any believer sins, he or she becomes a practical atheist." - Some famous theologian person i forget the name of (i wanna guess RC Sproul)

"I never want to become overly familiar with my salvation, I want to be continuously amazed by it day after day." - badly mangled paraphrased of CJ Mahaney

"Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires...but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." Romans 6:12-14


i dont really get it...but the baby animals are cute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pHxk1v6uSs&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment