Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Wednesday (Peace) (01/04/2012)

Hi guys,

Rather short post today, I think. For one, Wednesday is almost over. For another, the simplest truths are often the most profound and do not need massive word counts to convey its meaning. So I will try my best to highlight today's lesson learnt with brevity. It was a pretty bad day. No real need for details but a general cocktail mix of work, a series of bad conversations, and school application snags. Rock climbing did little to relieve the stress and only fueled the frustration as I found myself succumbing to the effects of what climbing friends aptly named "high gravity days." Came home hoping to find solace, was instead bombarded by requests and demands, followed by some rather harsh and unkind words when I was at my absolute lowest. Tempted to yell back at this point? Of course. But I sat down at the dinner table, bowed my head, and said grace. The content of my prayer extended beyond the usual "thank you for food, amen." It was simply this: That I would know God as bigger than all of this, that it is enough - MUST be enough - that I have him, and that he would take his proper place in my heart and remove all traces of idolatry in me that is the true source of all my frustrations. Then peace. And I ate dinner.

Encouragement for the week. God is bigger than all your problems. I do not merely mean that he can solve them for you; but that you can lay all of it at his feet and rest. Truly rest. The second holds eternal significance while the first only temporary significance. My prayer for you all is that you find peace and rest in God during your worst "pretty bad days."

Have a happy Wednesday!

Edward

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

Nifty lil clip of 21 accents from around the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k

No comments:

Post a Comment