Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Wednesday (01/11/12) (Starting)

Hey Guys,

New Years kinda snuck up on me and I neglected to form resolutions until 2012 was well underway. As this past Monday rolled by, I was struck by the realization that high on my list was the resolve to become more organize. I chuckled as the 9th day of the year began with me looking upon my horribly disorganized work desk. The humour was furthered by the fact that ridding myself of the habit of procrastination topped that same list as well. Have I been able to keep my NY resolutions so far? I hadn't even started yet!

I remarked on the Herculean task cleaning my desk would be to my coworker; her reply was rather profound, "Today is a good day to start." I think that phrase is a broadly applicable truth. It goes beyond resolutions, so often we look at life and find that we are not where we want to be. Be it in terms of career, relationships, ongoing struggles against sin, and so on. We find ourselves overwhelmed by the enormity of the goals and hopes we set for ourselves and deem them unreachable. But today really IS a good day to start. So my encouragement to you, and especially to me, this week: Do the things that needs doing. Crack open that bible, have that difficult conversation we've been putting off, pray that prayer that would begin setting things right between us and God...and get that stupid desk cleaned up while we're at it.

Have a happy Wednesday!

Edward

"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." - Philippians 1:6

This is your life, are you who you want to be?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA2CpQWg2pA

No comments:

Post a Comment